10 Things to do to get Ready to list Your Home for Sale
- 19 June, 2017
- By Admin: Debbie West
- Comments: 00
1. Put away all personal items. Such as family pictures, children’s art, trophies ect.
2. Clear away all clutter. Put in boxes in the garage – this gives you a head start in packing as well!
3. Have carpets cleaned. Do this well before listing to there is time for them to be completely dry.
4. Plug in fragrance diffuses. I love the ones from Bath and Body works – Ocean or Fresh Air.
5. Clean up yard of any toys or debris, cut lawn, trip trees and bushes – and plant colorful flowers if possible at front entry and or back yard.
6. Completely clean home – including tubs, showers, mirrors, windows etc. Its oK to have garage stacked with boxes and stuff. You are moving so that is expected.
7. Touch up dings in walls, banisters, tiles etc.
8. Store extra furniture in garage. Less furniture can make a room look larger – so if you have a sofa, recliner, chair, table .. because that is what fits your family’s needs – item might be best to just leave sofa a table for showings.
9. Patch and paint any cracks inside or outside if possible.
10. Make sure all lights have light bulbs that are working